A minha Lista de blogues

domingo, 25 de setembro de 2016

Tulips in a pot


In Lisbon I always have tulips in the house when it is their season .

Park Avenue, NYC




Tulips remind me of spring in NYC, mainly in Park Avenue where they bloom every spring.





Washington DC

In Washington DC, in the Netherlands Carillon, there is also in the spring time, a grand showing of tulips. They express the gratitude of the Dutch people for American aid received during and after World War II. 




Some people think that tulips are native to Holland. Actually, tulips come from Central Asia and Turkey and were first introduced in Holland in the 16th Century where they became widely popular.

Today Tulips are cultivated in Holland in great numbers and in huge fields and Dutch bulbs are exported all around the world .











I bought some bulbs in Amsterdam in July and kept them in a cold room. I planted them in a pot yesterday. I hope they bloom in March…








This pretty flower arrangement with tulips was sent to me by a guest who had dinner in my house in S. Dartmouth, MA.



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário