A minha Lista de blogues

domingo, 8 de setembro de 2013

To our firefighters

Eight Portuguese firefighters died this summer while serving our community, fighting against the numerous fires in the north of Portugal.



An hommage to firefighters in Linda-a- Velha
by Luís Cruz

I think we can´t thank firefighters enough for dedicating their lives to protecting our safety. The number of those that were caught by the fire is increasing every week. They were all very young and I can´t stop thinking of their families. They are indeed all heroes, although this is never enough consolation for all those that have suffered a loss.
Hopefully, in some way, we can prevent this from happening in the future.



My father worked as a volunteer firefighter before he got married in 1944. I can understand my mother’s concern with my father’s volunteer work.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário