A minha Lista de blogues

terça-feira, 14 de maio de 2013

Commander Chris Hadfield

The Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, who has documented his five months in charge of the International Space Station in great detail celebrated his last day aboard the craft by releasing an adaptation of David Bowie’s “Space Oddity.”


 Space Oddity- Lyrics by David Bowie (1969) and  2013 adaptation

Ground control to major Tom
Ground control to major Tom
Lock your Soyuz hash (Take your protein pills) and put your helmet on
Ground control to major Tom
Commencing countdown , engines on
Detach from station ( Check ignition ) and may gods  love be with you

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to guide (leave) the capsule if you dare

This is major Tom to ground control, I´ve left forevermore (I'm stepping through the door)
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
Here am I sitting in a tin can far above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing left to ( I can) do

Though I´ve flown (I'm past) one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still
And before too long I know it is time (think my spaceship knows which way) to go
Our commander comes down back to earth and (tell my wife I love her very much, she) knows
Ground control to major Tom,
The time is near, there´s not too long
(your circuits dead, there's something wrong)

Can you hear me, major Tom?
Can you hear me, major Tom?
Can you hear me, major Tom?
Can you hear...

Here am I floating (sitting) in my tin can
A last glimpse of the world (far above the Moon)
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing left to (I can) do



Mr. Hadfield, returned to Earth yesterday in a Russian Soyuz spacecraft. His embrace of social networks to post sounds, images and video from space has earned him a huge following (when he left Earth on Dec. 19, he had 20,000 Twitter followers, a number that has grown to more than 824,000 today). Followers come from around the world, and have been particularly intrigued by his  photos of places on the globe. 



Before the “Space Oddity” clip, the astronaut’s most popular YouTube clip was a demonstration of what happens when you wring the water out of a washcloth in space.



 



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário